Aug 16, 2018
122 Credits Required for CDM, B.A. Degree
Upon completion of this program, the graduate will earn a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Communication and Digital Media and will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate experiential knowledge of the contemporary communication field through curricular and co-curricular opportunities.
- Design and create effective audio and video content.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Analyze communication and digital media practices using a value driven, ethical framework.
Candidates for admission to the Communication and Digital Media major are required to:
- Achieve a grade of “C” or higher in all major and allied requirements as well as all Communication and Digital Media courses taken prior to admission to the major.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00.
- Make formal application to the major, preferably in the Fall semester of the sophomore year. Students must also successfully complete ENG 102 Rhetoric and Writing II , and CDM 110 Introduction to Communication , both with a minimum grade of “C.”
Progression Criteria/Degree Requirements
Progression in the Communication and Digital Media major requires students to:
- Maintain a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA.
- Achieve a minimum grade of “C” in every major and allied course requirement.
- Complete a minimum of 122 credits.
Students are required to complete a minimum of three (3) credits of Internship experience in areas related to Communication and Digital Media. See CDM 495 Internship in the Course Descriptions section of this catalog for specific details pertaining to this experience.
Total Major General Course and PaT Credits (30 Credits)
CDM Platform and Technology Courses (12 Credits)
CDM General Course Requirements (18 Credits)
Select One Area of Emphasis (18 Credits)
Emphasis 1: Production and Digital Broadcasting
Choose six of the following courses- at least one at the 200, 300 and 400 level- (Note pre-requisites where applicable)
Emphasis 3: Strategic Communication
Emphasis 4: Graphic Design/Visual Communication
Emphasis 5: New and Social Media
Emphasis 6: Sports Communication
Minor Program outside of CDM (18 Credits)
CDM majors are required to complete a minor program to fulfill the requirements of the Communication and Digital Media Degree.
Minor programs outside of the CDM major are highly recommended.
Students must formally apply to a minor in order for the Minor Program to appear on your Degree Evaluation in Webadvisor. Click on the link below to access the online Minor Application Form.
General Electives: (15 credits)
- General Electives 15 Credits
* General Elective credits may be used toward a minor program that requires more than eighteen credits, e.g., Foreign Language Minor (24 credits)