The International Business major offers career-minded students the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the major areas of business as well as knowledge of and experience with management issues which are related to the conduct of business in a global environment. Graduates of the International Business Program go on to find challenging managerial careers in private businesses, government, and nonprofit organizations that operate internationally.
The International Business Program is designed to introduce students to areas that are critical to an understanding of how global businesses operate. In addition, the international focus of the program requires that students become knowledgeable about global management, international marketing, international economics, and finance, as well as ethical considerations involved in conducting business in a global environment.
Students supplement classroom learning with real-world projects and overseas experience.
Neumann University’s International Business Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213; Telephone: 913-339-9356, Fax: 913-339-6226; or www.acbsp.org.
In addition to meeting Business Division program outcomes, upon successful completion of this program, the graduate will earn a Bachelor of Science degree in International Business and will:
- Apply the technical, interpersonal, and cultural skills necessary to be an effective manager in a variety of organizational environments, including the diverse geographic, cultural, and socioeconomic settings which are characteristics of today’s businesses.
- Demonstrate the importance of a strategic focus for success in today’s global business, economic, financial, and social environment.
- Demonstrate the skills required for effective management in domestic organizations as well as those skills which are needed to compete for a share of the international market.
- Successfully complete the experiential overseas component of the program and demonstrate those skills required for effective management in domestic organizations as well as those skills which are needed to compete for a share of the international market.
Candidates for admission to the International Business degree program are required to:
- Earn a minimum 2.25 cumulative GPA.
- Complete at least 30 credits, including the business, major, and allied requirements that are listed in the first year of the suggested Four-Year Curriculum Plan for the International Business major, but no more than 75 credits total. Transfer students from another regionally accredited college or university, or from another Division from within Neumann University, must have their application to the major reviewed by the Dean of Business and Information Management after their first semester of taking Business courses at Neumann.
- Achieve a grade of “C” or higher for all general business, major, and allied requirements taken prior to admission to the major.
- Participate in the Division’s New Major Orientation Program.
Progression Criteria/Degree Requirements
Progression in the International Business major leading to the Bachelor of Science degree requires students to:
- Maintain a minimum 2.25 cumulative GPA.
- Achieve a grade of “C” or higher for all general business, major, and allied requirements.
- Complete a minimum of 125 credits.
Division Repeat Policy
- Major, business, and allied requirements can only be repeated once. Students must have written permission from the Dean to take a major, business, or allied requirement for the third time.
- At most, only three (3) different major, business, or allied requirements may be repeated.
- Failure to earn a grade of “C” or better for repeated major, business, or allied requirements may result in dismissal from the Division.
Experiential Overseas Requirement
Students are required to complete a minimum of three (3) credits in an overseas experience through participation in foreign study, service-learning, and/or a Cooperative Education/Internship program. A summer semester abroad program is offered in conjunction with other colleges/universities or international companies.