The Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership Accelerated Degree Program provides a foundational knowledge of a business environment with specific emphasis on leadership roles, as well as the skills and challenges that are inherent in any organizational structure. The curriculum in this degree program enables the student to better understand how organizations develop, to better articulate their own roles and responsibilities within an organizational construct, and to effectively address real-world business and leadership challenges in their current places of employment. As part of this program, students are required to complete in-depth Experiential Learning Projects (ELPs) that emphasize a variety of business and organizational leadership applications as well as either newly identified career alternatives in business or other specific work-related projects.
In addition to meeting the Goals and Learning Outcomes of Neumann University’s Core Curriculum, as described in the Core Curriculum — Goals and Learning Outcomes section of this catalog as well as the outcomes of the Liberal Studies Degree Program core requirements, students will be able to:
- Identify and articulate theories of business, management, and leadership through a variety of case studies.
- Discuss how businesses operate from multiple perspectives, such as human resources, legal, and global.
- Apply theories of business, management, and leadership to real-world situations.
- Apply accounting principles to current business practices.
- Describe laws and their implications that impact current business practices.
- Articulate an understanding of current global issues in business organizations.
- Demonstrate communication skills in group and interpersonal settings.
- Define effective leadership by demonstrating the skills, knowledge, and competencies of effective leadership.
Any student 21 years or older who has either completed high school, or earned a GED, may apply to the Organizational Leadership Accelerated Degree Program. Application procedures are detailed in the Admissions Information section of this catalog.
Students in the Organizational Leadership Accelerated Degree Program must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00 to progress through the program.
The Organizational Leadership Accelerated Degree Program offers many additional options for acceleration in addition to the 6-credit seminars. These options include:
- Portfolio Assessment of prior college-level learning.
- Challenge Examinations.
- CLEP Examinations.
- Credit for course work completed through the Department of Defense/DANTES, or from corporations offering courses which have been evaluated for credit by the American Council on Education (ACE).
- Independent Study Projects.
- Cooperative Education/Internship experiences.
For additional information about any of the above options, please consult the appropriate section of this catalog; or contact the Continuing Adult and Professional Studies Office at 610-558-5529.
Tuition for all 6-credit seminar courses is calculated on a per-credit basis. For additional information, please consult the Tuition and Expenses section of this catalog.
In addition to the University’s general requirements for graduation, the following must be completed:
- For the Bachelor of Science: A minimum of 120 credits in Organizational Leadership with a 2.00 minimum cumulative GPA.