The Business Administration major offers career-minded students the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the primary areas of business. After graduation, Business Administration majors go on to find challenging managerial careers in private businesses, government, and nonprofit organizations.
The Business Administration major is designed to introduce students to areas that are critical to an understanding of how businesses operate: economics, finance, accounting, management, marketing, and information management. In addition, each student in the Business Administration major has the opportunity to take upper-level courses in all of these fields. Students supplement classroom teaching with practical experience by working in various settings through completion of a Cooperative Education placement in Business Administration. Thus, students gain both the breadth and depth of knowledge necessary to future success in a variety of careers.
Neumann University’s Business Administration Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213; Telephone: 913-339-9356, Fax: 913-339-6226; or www.acbsp.org.
In addition to meeting Business Division program outcomes, upon successful completion of this program, the graduate will earn a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Business Administration and will:
- Address management challenges using the tools of critical thinking and analysis.
- Make appropriate business decisions using a company’s data and reports.
- Implement business theory in an effective manner.
- Integrate moral reasoning and Franciscan values when assessing corporate responsibility and leadership.
Candidates for admission to the Business Administration major are required to:
- Have a minimum 2.25 cumulative GPA.
- Complete at least 30 credits, including the business, major, and allied requirements that are listed in the first year of the suggested Four-Year Curriculum Plan for the Business Administration major, but no more than 75 credits total. Transfer students from another regionally accredited college or university, or from another Division from within Neumann University, must have their application to the major reviewed by the Dean of Business and Information Management after their first semester of taking Business courses at Neumann.
- Achieve a grade of “C” or higher for all general business, major, and allied requirements taken prior to admission to the major.
- Participate in the Division’s New Major Orientation Program.
Progression Criteria/Degree Requirements
Progression in the Business Administration major leading to a Bachelor of Science degree requires students to:
- Maintain a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA.
- Achieve a grade of “C” or higher for all general business, major, and allied requirements.
- Complete a minimum of 125 credits.
Division Repeat Policy
- Major, business, and allied requirements can only be repeated once. Students must have written permission from the Dean to take a major, business, or allied requirement for the third time.
- At most, only three (3) different major, business, or allied requirements may be repeated.
- Failure to earn a grade of “C” or better for repeated major, business, or allied requirements may result in dismissal from the Division.
Cooperative Education Requirement
Students are required to complete a minimum of three (3) credits in Cooperative Education in those areas which are related to Business Administration. Students must be of junior or senior status to enroll in Cooperative Education, and have been previously admitted to the major. Students with practical experience in Business Administration may apply to the Dean of the Division of Business and Information Management for a waiver of this requirement. If waived, these credits must be taken as General Electives.