The Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies Accelerated Degree Program at Neumann University is designed to provide adult learners, who may have earned previous college credits, with the opportunity to complete the Bachelor of Science degree. With this program, students develop, enrich, and improve critical competencies sought by today’s organizations while moving through an accelerated format. The Program is offered in 71⁄2-week seminars, with opportunities to take classes online or in the evening with online enhancement. Students learn how to apply their learning experience to the work environment, while improving their writing, critical thinking, and communication skills. The uniqueness of this degree completion program is the accelerated format that utilizes Experiential Learning Projects (ELPs) that blend theory and practice. ELPs can be professional initiatives that enable students to further research and develop projects from places of employment, as a return on investment (ROI) for employers.
In addition to meeting the Goals and Learning Outcomes of Neumann University’s Core Curriculum, as described in the Core Curriculum — Goals and Learning Outcomes section of this catalog, and upon completion of all degree requirements, graduates of the Professional Studies Degree Program will be able to:
- Think critically and creatively in organizational problem solving.
- Demonstrate effective presentational skills to enhance personal and organization communications.
- Understand, articulate, and develop the key functions and competencies to be effective in today’s workforce.
- Utilize effective writing skills to enhance personal and organizational communications.
- View the diversity of world cultures and peoples through multiple perspectives.
- Optimize position in the work force.
Any student 19 years of age or older who has either completed high school, or earned a GED, and completed a minimum 30 credits of college course work at a regionally accredited, degreegranting institution, including English Composition I and II, may apply to the Professional Studies Accelerated Degree Program. Application procedures are detailed in the Admissions Information section of this catalog.
Students in the Professional Studies Accelerated Degree Program must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00 in order to progress through the program.
Division Repeat Policy
- Course requirements can only be repeated once.
- Failure to earn a grade of “C” or better for repeated requirements will result in dismissal from the program.
The Professional Studies Accelerated Degree Program offers many additional options for acceleration in addition to its 71/2-week seminars. These options include:
- Portfolio Assessment of prior college-level learning.
- Challenge Examinations.
- CLEP Examinations.
- Credit for course work completed through the Department of Defense/DANTES, or from corporations offering courses which have been evaluated for credit by the American Council on Education (ACE).
- Independent Study.
- Cooperative Education/Internship experiences.
For additional information about any of the above options, please consult the appropriate section of this catalog; or contact an Academic Advisor in the Continuing Adult and Professional Studies Office at 610-558-5529.
Tuition for all 3-credit seminar courses is calculated on a per-credit basis. For additional information, please consult the Tuition and Expenses section of this catalog.
In addition to the University’s general requirements for graduation, the following must be completed:
- For the Bachelor of Science: A minimum of 120 credits in Professional Studies with a 2.00 minimum cumulative GPA.